Review: Dots - Angie M. Brashears



This book first attracted me because of the cover as it reminds me of the current fad of Adult colouring books. The second was that I had previously read a book by this author - the first in her Chubby Chasers series and loved her writing style as I had really enjoyed it.  Firstly, this is a Cancer story but what I loved about it was that unlike most others that focus on the whole "cancer issue" and what the characters are going through and the whole depressed outlook on life, I found this one stood out as I have read quite a few different ones. My first experience with reading a Cancer story was Lurlene McDaniel when I was 11-12 years old.  In Dots , though I loved the overall storyline there were a few points that I felt were lacking in realism. One major one for me was that we discovered the main character Chloe was diagnosed with Cancer a year ago and only told her best friend Emma. Her family had no idea and I think after a year of treatments etc, they would have discovered already or had some inkling and the same goes with her best friends. I did like the idea of Chloe's friend Lola doing an intervention as that was used as part of the storyline on an episode of Chasing Life which I enjoyed when April's mother found her pills she had been taking for her Cancer.  During Chloe's last few months, she is introduced to a web-based site called The F* it List where like a bucket list you can do everything that you wanted before you die and there are no limitations. The guy behind the site Mason Dixon knows what it is like to lose someone you love to Cancer , but what happens when Chloe's request is to get to know him and he starts to chat to Chloe. Will he be able to protect his feelings and not fall for her ? Can Mason and Chloe remain in the friend-zone or will he do everything he can to make her last few months the most perfect time she has ever had ? Another idea while reading this was that though I understand where the title comes from - I was thinking that they should have called it the Mason F*It Dixon List .  If you are wanting to read a Cancer story but one that stands apart from others, then check out Dots by Angie M. Brashears.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid