Review : The Disappearance of Lizzy Ross - Jessica Schein



The Disappearance of Lizzy Ross


Review: The Disappearance of Lizzy Ross - Jessica Schein - October 2013


After reading a few romance type stories, I was in the mood for a bit of mystery and came across this book on my Kindle which I had recieved from Netgalley. This book started off really good with the main character Mimi realising that her best friend Lizzy isn't in school and come to think of it she hasn't heard from her for a couple of days. A few more days pass and Mimi is getting a little worried since no-one has heard from her and she hasn't had any activity on her accounts -email or phone. We then are thrust into Mimi's world of split families, secrets and lies from both hers and Lizzy's parents. I have to admit that this book became about halfway through a WTF am I reading as it became quite disjointed and started mainly focusing on Mimi and Jared's life rather than Lizzy who was the actual missing person. I found for a missing person novel , it focused on the wrong aspects . The book also ended on a major cliffhanger which left me confused as to what had happened in the ending as I was so confused. I am interested in seeing if their were more books in this series released as it was to originally be a four-part series. Just to see if it gives any closure. If you are wanting a mystery reader and are good when it comes to pyschological thrillers - ones that are a bit of the box type stories then The Disappearance of Lizzy Ross is the read for you.


                                                   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid